Friday 1 November 2013

Lindi Ortega - Tin Star

More Of The Red-Booted Same

Still singing sublime Country, still sounding occasionally like Dolly, and still liking those red boots, Lindi Ortega’s third in as many years is more of the same, and if you read my two previous reviews here and here, this is what you’ll get, and be pleased for that.


Title track and third on this album actually has a little of Ortega as Devendra Banhart – yes it is – and the Parton sound gets a firm echo on fourth Vodoo Mama. No, I am not saying she copies, but I find little to add to the endorsement of my previous reviews, the compliment being, I trust, in that the excellence is sustained. The acoustic ballad Lived and Died Alone is a plaintive sweetness, Ortega’s vocal all her endearingly own, and seventh This Is Not Surreal is another slow ballad wherein the voice still soars so compellingly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment