Saturday 23 June 2012

Pearl Jam, Isle of Wight, 23rd June, 2012

Prostitution

Baudelaire has written how we all prostitute ourselves at some time in our lives, so if you subscribe to Sky you will be able to watch Pearl Jam live at the Isle of Wight tonight on SkyArts1 and be in good company. I bought my council house too back in 1987, but I think my links to Thatcher and Murdoch are tenuous enough to be completely overwritten by a lifelong love of great music and a principled stand on most important matters in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Well, it was a long fucking wait, and it wasn't live - how naive of me, so sorry for leading anyone who read astray - but got three numbers that have just ended and it was a superb quick fix. Will be hunting around tomorrow to see if there are any other recordings. Amazing crowd to be braving those conditions, though I do recall turning up to similar - Reading once where it rained as much - and all I took was a plastic sheet. Indeed I never knew how I would get to and from festivals, hitching both ways, and I don't recall eating anything, ever, though I guess I must have. Music and love's spiritual delights kept me going.

    ReplyDelete