Wednesday 1 May 2013

Wolf People - Fain



The Borg Review

One of the best albums I have heard in a long time, from a band entirely new to me [so a back catalogue to explore], and playing a mix of folk and heavy fuzzed rock that invokes far too many influences to intuit from their eclectic sound and then show off citing here.

The key elements are great vocals, including tight harmonies, and fine folk/rock/prog playing. And having just written that sentence I have the strongest urge to name those influences to validate the genres claimed, but I am resisting. I’m keeping this simple: if the 60s/70s musical palette appeals applied new, enthusiastically and expertly, then this is a band and album to unreservedly enjoy.

Fairport Convention and Yes.

Resistance is futile.

And that’s just two of many, many more so I've demonstrated a restraint of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment