Thursday 14 February 2013

Remembering Trev



It will be scrolling through a music site and seeing
Peggy Lee, one of your great loves, thinking I could
record for you – how easy for a second to forget;
finding that page of saved rude cinema posters
never sent, or coming across your imaginary ribald CV
and then the one composed for me as if written by the
Marquis de Sade: trying to provide a twin credibility
at an early age of looking up to your darker but not yet
so darkened side. I have re-read the few emails I kept,
wishing they all were there amongst the greater amount
of trivia - messages across such increasing gaps of time
in my being unaware. And today, in the TSO carriage-
cafe drinking coffee, I am struck by the significance of
trains, and the  love of them ending your pains.

1 comment:

  1. A touching an honest tribute to someone I assume you knew and respected greatly. It has real heart.

    ReplyDelete