Thursday 17 February 2011

A simple list

What I've listened to today [not complete because I have dipped in and out of other stuff and repeated listenings] so this is the 'new to me' aural experience:

Kaki King - Everybody Loves You [brilliant instrumental guitar virtuoso]
James Vincent McMorrow - Same
Mick Jagger - Goddess in the Doorway [surprisingly good and I may need to amend comments I have made earlier about the songwriting prominance in the Jagger/Richards partnership]
Terry Reid - Rogue Waves [brilliant 'Walk Away Renee']
Carlos Santana - Blues for Salvador [some bad 80s synth shit, but also some stunning guitar - there's a surprise!]

Where's the awe? Kaki King is an amazing guitarist; Terry Reid is such a brilliant singer and interpreter; Carlos Santana doesn't require an explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment