Saturday 29 September 2012

Paul Carrack - Good Feeling

Easy Feeling

Paul Carrack's latest offers no surprises and breaks no new ground. So how is the expected and familiar feeling? Pretty good really. Is it easy listening? Exceedingly. There are uptempo numbers, ballads, funky tracks, plenty of harmonising, and the one easiest thing to state is that class exudes from Carrack's vocal. I know exactly where I was when first hearing Paul immortalising Ace's How Long on the radio way back in the day, and that was the hook: in my Suffolk village cottage listening on a Bang and Olufsen portable, my first significant expense [weekly payments] having started my job as a farm worker. The things we recall.

There is a documentary on Paul Carrack The Man With The Golden Voice being aired on BBC4 at 9pm this coming October 12th. Get out your easy chair, sit back and enjoy the simple but good feelings his singing promotes if you're willing to be so aurally massaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment