Tuesday 11 September 2012

Nerd Vinyl Buying Two

No real need to explain much more. This is a very recent handful of six bought at an excellent source somewhere on the southeast coast of England. Again, £3 each and all in superb condition. When I'm looking through the boxes on the floor, other people come and go, gestures of commitment but really no more than lightweights. One guy looks to his wife and suggests he's going to stay for a while so she should move on. He lasts about four minutes. Pathetic. You have to have stamina to search through box after box of relative crap to find something you want. Occasional pearls inside the shells, at my price range anyway. I know there are bigger nerd vinyl buyers out there who range further for larger treasures. Each to their own.


The one I don't know and haven't seen before - and am yet to listen to - is the Herbie Mann Reggae including both Mick Taylor and Albert Lee on guitars. Looking forward to that, perhaps tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's actually quite cool to be a nerd. At least that's what I like to tell myself when exhibiting this type of behaviour in public! Which is actually fairly regularly:-)

    ReplyDelete