Monday 13 July 2015

Whitey Morgan & The 78s - Born Raised & Live From Flint, appearance review

Long Hair Gripe

Good ol' boy Country with a cracking backing band, playing a stonker live in Flint Michigan, but that's all I'm going to say about the music because I'm just pissed off that it's fine and dandy today for a long haired [and bearded] guy to engage the rednecks - and all the other outlaw music lovers - because it's cool enough and accepted to look like this across the cultural divide, whereas back in the late 70s I got run out of town, more or less, for having semi-long hair and wearing a tie-dye T-shirt. Indeed, the intolerance I experienced just outside Flint at that time drove me back to the relative tolerance and tranquility of England.

A quick gripe as I continue marking.....

No comments:

Post a Comment