Tuesday 10 May 2011

Earle's East Anglia Inspiration

Steve Earle - All My Heart

Just listening to a bootleg recording of Steve Earle Live in the Studio on KEXP Seattle, Washington [7th May, 2011] where as well as talking about his new novel and other aspects of his life/writing he talks about the writing of All My Heart which I have previously commented on as a beautiful ballad.

As Suffolk is very much my spiritual home - having grown up there in the late 60s/early 70s - it was fascinating to hear Earle talk about having to tour on his own when his heavily pregnant wife Allison Moorer couldn't/shouldn't anymore, and that he wrote this song then because 'this is what happens when you're lonesome in the wilds of East Anglia'. So, this touching love song was inspired near my former abode which has a coincidental but nonetheless personal appeal - though I do have to assume he was in 'wild' Norfolk for the actual composition....

No comments:

Post a Comment