Monday 4 June 2012

Tower of Babel

A good friend suggested I might like to write a poem on his theme Tower of Babel so I have and here it is. Haven't got a clue what it means, but that seemed appropriate:


And Done

that sound of many sounds could just be inside
your head or my head

he said you said i said
                                      as if either matters when such
noise is made by so many morons

- and do you think you
hear the moronic ahead of my aural radar -

i could say fuck you in many languages but wouldn’t
stack them to detract and diminish any one salient,
resonant and crystal-clear vocal directing

he said you said i said

perhaps they all said the same at the same time the
same things that we are saying now

as if it matters when all is said

1 comment:

  1. Weirdly it makes sense to me-in a nonsensical way. I wonder what that says about me?!?

    ReplyDelete