Tuesday 12 January 2016

David Bowie - Sound [plus] Vision

Early Bluebird Flies Black Country Rock

I'm not reviewing this 4-album collection: anyone listening to Bowie now is revisiting and remembering, or - though unlikely - discovering so there is no need to prompt and tempt, and explaining even the personal pleasures and/or hopeful illuminations seems equally superfluous.

But I will just say that the earliest tracks on the first record/disc are so refreshing in their simplicity and yet evident talent, both as songwriting and performance, with opening demo Space Oddity from 1969 a prime example. Having finished listening to my lengthy compilation today of the well-known and established numbers, this is a great alternative aural route.

Oh, I'll be free
Just like that bluebird
Oh, I'll be free
Ain't that just like me?

- Lazarus


No comments:

Post a Comment