As you'd imagine, an essentially gentle homage to the title's man of comfortable Country, nothing in these references to peacefulness and simplicity meant as negatives.
It is a set of fine songs, and a set of fine other Country stars contribute, often as duets as the track list and artists show:
1. "Tulsa Time" - Pistol Annies
2. "I Believe in You" - Brandy Clark
3. "We've Got a Good Fire Goin'" - Lady Antebellum
4. "Some Broken Hearts Never Mend" - Dierks Bentley
5. "Amanda" - Chris Stapleton feat. Morgane Stapleton
6. "Till The Rivers All Run Dry" - Alison Krauss
7. "Love Is On A Roll" - John Prine feat. Roger Cook
8. "If I Needed You" - Jason Isbell & Amanda Shires
9. "Maggie's Dream" - Trisha Yearwood
10. "Lord I Hope This Day is Good" - Keb' Mo'
11. "Good Ole Boys Like Me" - Garth Brooks
There is a reasonable spread within the gentility to emphasise tonal shifts: the roar of Chris Stapleton in a live cover to the sublime serenity of Alison Krauss. There is a distinctive cover from Isbell and Shires, inimitable of the inimitable, to attempt a complex summary of the uncomplicated.