Sunday 9 January 2011

New stuff

Johnny Foreigner - Every Day is a Constant Battle

I suspect this is a grower - it would have to be for me. Seemingly simple punk songs, but I think most are more complex than that, and the mixed vocals are cleverly working off one another. I like particularly 'kickkickkick' - my favourite I think - 'balance, girl', 'champagne girls I have known' which has a great opening and like all of the tracks I would want to hear live, 'yes you talk too fast' for the same reason, and 'our bipolar friends', but they do merge and I'd need, as I've said, to listen more but I'm not convinced I will. The other tracks do pass me by. I couldn't pick up the lyrics on a first listen either and I suspect there's much more there.

Social Distortion - Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes

Yeah, rock 'n' roll, and apparently a Springsteen favourite. Does what it says on the tin stuff, but though I thought this would be my preference I think JF would give me more to want to return to.

No comments:

Post a Comment