Sunday 11 September 2011

High On Grass And Music

Who'd have thought that mowing the grass could be so much stonkin' fun? Well, I've always enjoyed cutting the grass ever since I was a kid and it was my job and one I enjoyed. It's thinking time. And daydreaming time: the array of bands I've performed in over the years; the arguments had and won; the other lives I've led. I was plugged in today to my Moreland and Arbunkle compilation - moving in rowdy time to those perfect straight lines. In five years working on the farm I always cromed or rolled perfect straight lines. Today it's immaculate straight musical lines in the grass giving me a Sunday high. Simple pleasures when you need to find some.

1 comment:

  1. Poetic prose! I have always thought that simple tasks such as this are the most therapeutic - especially when listening to music.
    Bought the John Martyn tribute yesterday but haven't had a chance to listen yet. Will let you know when I have.

    ReplyDelete