Thursday 20 January 2011

The Rolling Stones - Voodoo Lounge


Vehicular voodoo

Today's vehicular aural experience was the above. Can't go wrong really, though I'm sure there are hardcores out there who wouldn't rate anything after a certain album/period, whatever that might be. I'm not sure I ever get that worked up about things like this, unless subsequent work for whoever is obviously obnoxious. I think 'Voodoo Lounge' has so many reflections of what the Stones do best - both riffing it out or ballads, even those ballads aping back to the earliest days - but I also have to relate it to seeing them at Wembley in '95, taking the family, and, of course - protraction on the bragging for maximum effect, hopefully - the VIP invitation parking and entrance [forget what it says on the ticket - we went through the front door like The Black Crowes] so that we got into the stadium before anyone else in order to select our seats.

It's a long story.

No comments:

Post a Comment