Wednesday 7 October 2015

Hoyt Axton - Life Machine, album review

Revision

This is a bit of a cheat - not the first time - because I am going to simply lift and replace here in a moment, but I have written about this album before here when reviewing Axton's, for me, influential album My Griffin Is Gone. But as I have been listening to Life Machine this morning, I think it makes sense:

Life Machine has stonking versions of Maybeline and That's All Right. It also includes the beautiful Billy's Theme from the film Buster and Millie as well as another Axton gem Boney Fingers, with a great vocal accompaniment by Renee Armand. Linda Ronstadt guest-vocals on When the Morning Comes.

[And if you read the original review you'll discover, as I just have, that I referred to the album then as Love Life, so this revisit revises too!].


No comments:

Post a Comment